Coordination Meeting on
Advanced Aspects in Nuclear Structure and Reactions at
Different Energy Scales
25-28 April 2017
Park Hotel "Sevastokrator", Arbanasi, Bulgaria
Organizer: Nuclear Theory Laboratory (NTL)
Institute for Nuclear Research and Nuclear Energy
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
Contact: Mitko Gaidarov
Institute for Nuclear Research and Nuclear Energy (INRNE)
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS)
Blvd. Tzarigradsko chaussee 72
1784 Sofia, Bulgaria
Tel (office): + 359 2 979 55 53
Fax: +359 2 975 36 19
GSM: +359 888 414493
Scope of the Coordination Meeting
The aim of the meeting is to assemble experts from nuclear physics and astrophysics to discuss:
- Exotic nuclei: structure and reactions
- Nuclear reactions mechanisms
- Nucleon correlations in nuclei
- Nuclear density functional theory
- Ground-state properties and low-lying excitations
- Electron and neutrino scattering
- Nuclear matter properties and their impact on finite nuclei
- Neutron stars from crust to core and equation of state
- Nucleon form factors
The Coordination Meeting Location
The village of Arbanasi is located on a high plateau 4 km from the city of Veliko Tarnovo. It is known that the village existed during the time of the Second Bulgarian State (1185-1396). At that time the Bolyari (members of the highest rank of the feudal Bulgarian aristocracy) living in the capital Tarnovo used it as a summer residence. The village attracts tourists not only because of fresh air, unique view and taverns, but also with its 144 preserved houses with beautiful interior, five churches and two monasteries that keep the Bulgarian spirit and faith. Preserving history and traditions, Arbanassi of today is as fascinating as it was during the time of the famous Bulgarian rulers-autocrats and sevastocrators, who reigned in the old Tarnovgrad.
Donor portrait of the Bulgarian sevastokrator Kaloyan and his wife Desislava,
a fresco from 1259 in the historical Boyana Church near Sofia
The number of participants is limited to about 20. Sessions will take place from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. and from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. The program will consist of invited talks and selected contributions. We do not charge conference fee. The participants are supposed to cover only their travel expenses and the accommodation in Sofia before or after the meeting, if necessary. If you would like to participate in the Workshop and give a talk, please inform us by 17th of February 2017. An abstract of the talk (up to 1 page written in LaTeX) should be sent to the e-mail email@example.com by 10th of March 2017. The schedule of the Coordination Meeting includes:
- transfer from Sofia to Arbanasi (starting from the parking lot in front of the former "Pliska Hotel - Sofia", Blvd. Tzarigradsko chaussee 87) - 25 April, Tuesday, 10:00 a.m.
- accommodation in the Hotel and Opening of the Meeting - 25 April, Tuesday, 5:00 p.m.
- lectures on 26 April (full day), 27 April (morning), and 28 April (morning)
- excursion - 27 April (afternoon)
- transfer from Arbanasi to Sofia - 28 April, Friday, 2:00 p.m.
http://ntl.inrne.bas.bg/events/coordination_meeting/2017/ If you need more information about the Coordination Meeting do not hesitate to contact us.
Contract No. DFNI-T02/19 of the Bulgarian Science Fund